Nov 9, 2005

Updates...

Well HI!!

I know, i know.. its been more than a month since i last updated - and even that wasn't an update.. i'm sorry okay!!

So what's up with Ashley you might be wondering... alot actually!!

1. I got a new job! I'm still standing here in awe of God and the ways that He works and being reminded that my timing isn't in correlation with His timing... i know bummer - why is it i have to learn this so often - and am i really learning this lesson or just temporarily accepting it until i have my next temper tantrum?

2. I'm getting a room-mate! I know craziness abounds! Kelly and I are joining forces and moving in together.. we move Nov.28-30th so shoot me a mail if you want to help!
Anyway, this will be a very very big adjustment for me because I don't do roommates.. reasoning.. my one and only semester of college - i had a room mate and she was crazy!! well she was actually from New York and so she was probably somewhat normal to them but for me - uh.. it didn't work too well - i'm sure that my inability to deal properly with conflict didn't help either.. i tend to avoid conflict at all costs.. i've gotten better - but i seriously used to run!!
I think another issue is that i was raised with three brothers - so all of that life ruining drama really never went on in our house.. and even now - it can get on my nerves.. my old roomie was all drama.. issue obviously..
So as kelly is not a drama queen - i think it will work! Will we get on each others nerves? oh yes, we've already experienced that.. but we both still think it will work! plus it'll be fun!!

2.1 I took a trip to Lousiana to work with a children's home that our StillPoint community has "adopted" very amazing trip - you should ask me about it some time..

2.2 The young'n (Gerrod - 13 yr old bro) got his first deer... 15 pointer just before Halloween - you should check out the picks on my flickr site..

3. I want a dog! Yes, i know that i have been wanting one for the last 5 years.. - but you see.. i really want one.. again.
so i have been looking around - getting some details and specifics.. so we'll see.. i think i'll name her Macy...

4. I really don't know of much else going on in the world of ashley but if i think of something i'll try to make the time to update the blog..

okay so that leads up to the web link additions.. - Margaret Feinberg - she is listed on Amanda's website - so i started reading some of her things.. and you know - i really like what she has to say and the angle that she is coming from i really identify with.. so check her out - and the second would be Winn Collier - he is listed on Margaret's website and after reading a bit about him - i decided i like what he had to say also..
Both of these authors/pastor/speakers/thought provokers make me want to just take time to consider and weigh what they are saying and really think about what all is going on, what my thoughts are on it and really process those thoughts... time however generally deters me from thinking too much.. I feel in a sense very shallow in my thoughts in regards to alot of things simply because i don't take or make the time to really gather info, and process and form my own thoughts and beliefs on different topics... kelly often asks me - what are you thinking about.. unfortunately - my answer is very shallow or impossibly ridiculous.. I always try to be honest with my thoughts... which also leads me to realizing how little time i actually spend thinking about big things..

oh and for some reason two people just came to mind - i have two friends who moved here - one from miami - and the other from abilene... they both within 3 months have crossed paths with very possibly "the one" and are moving towards pursuing marriage.. what's up with that!!! I mean i'm very glad for them and all - and it's been fun seeing it all happen for them.. but come on - what about the rest of us.... :)

Okay so i've rambled far too long...

so this is Ashley signing off!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I have Margaret's book Twentysomething if you want to borrow it - I really enjoyed it! But I have talked to her in person so reading the book was like an extension of that. Let me know.

Also a comment about the whole marriage issue...funny that I think every girl goes through thoughts like that when the seasons come where friends all around are moving into the next stage of life. Just recently I was reading in an old journal from college -- I think it was in like 1999 -- and to my horror I was going through season number TWO of that!!

I have to look back now and laugh at my thought processes, because the truth of the matter is that I wouldn't change the path that I have been on for anything. I am so thankful that I am not married yet and that I have gotten to experience life and friendships and ministry and God in a way that I never would have if I had gotten married when everyone else had. Doesn't this all go back to your number one on your blog - the new job...His timing...how it doesn't allows align itself to our selfish desires.

I am not saying that I am perfect by any stretch of the imagination -- and I would be a fool to say that I didn't think about marriage and have the desire to be walking into that next stage of life, but I would also be a fool to miss out on what is going on around me and all that I am blessed with because of living in a dream world. I think sometimes it takes letting go of those dreams, live life in today, and God will definitely orchestrate where that goes.

You have already seen his faithfulness in other things, and I am not saying that you are...but don't doubt his faithfulness in this area just because it hasn't happened to you yet.

Anyway - that is just my $.02.
~Amanda

Ashley said...

I do want to borrow it!! I'll have to get it from you sometime soon!

I agree that every girl goes through it.. seems that i just happen to go through it a few times a year..and it's not always related to one specific purpose just the act in getting to and past that point.

And I don't doubt His faithfulness.. just the timing and the point of waiting.. and pretty much everything i write i know the answer to.. and the proper response however, i seem to avoid using that response and just whining about it anyway.. UGH!!

I'm glad for your .02 anyhow! and am glad that you are a part of my life to give it and give it freely!!!

Anonymous said...

Job, Job!! OK, my age-OLD question... Hey Ash, where do you work?

As for the other...I've seen some desperation. THAT you are not. God is perfect in His timing for all of us. I'm with Amanda on the glad-I-didn't-get-married-yet-and-miss-all-this-stuff-since-then thing.

Miss ya, Doll...